Monday, March 31, 2008

Party Hat Party

From "Church Spring Party 2008" from Oh Happy Day.
Jordan throws the best parties. So simple, yet so creative and so fun. Rob's and my birthdays are too close together to get to celebrate on my own, but if I did, I'd have party hats this year!! The red's striking, but we don't do red in my house--something about collegiate team rivalries. In honor of my birthday, we'd have to do green!

***Edited to add further instructions from Jordan:
"Materials Needed: Exacto knife, Cutting Board, Cardstock, Scotch Tape, Tissue Paper, and Floral Wire.
I looked at a few stores for party hats that were all one color but all I could find were large hats. I think that hats look much cuter on the small side, so I made my own. I bought a pack of small hats and made a template. Here is the template of a party hat to print out if you need one. Just print it out and use it to cut out the shape onto cardstock.
After you cut out the shape put the tab through the slit and tape it down on the inside. You can decorate the hats anyway you want but I will show you two that I made. The first one is the flower hat. Follow below to make the napkin ring-sized pompoms. Then poke a small hole with your exacto knife where you want to put the flower. Tape the wire on the inside of the hat. Attach ribbons and voila! The second type you just measure out a two inch wide strip of tissue paper the length of the bottom of the hat. Double up the tissue and fold it in half. Then cut it 2/3 of the way through to create the fringe. Wrap it around the bottom of the hat with the fringe facing upwards. Scrunch the fringe so it is fluffy. Then take some leftover fringe and wrap it around the floral wire, scrunch it up so it is fluffy. Then put the wire through the hole at the top and tape it on the inside. Add ribbons and there you have it!"

From Martha Stewart Crafts:

"Napkin Rings
With just a few changes, these follow the same steps as the hanging pom-poms.
1. Stack four sheets of tissue. Cut a 10-by-5-inch rectangle, going through all layers. Make 3/8-inch-wide accordion folds.
2. Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, slip over center of tissue, and twist to secure. Trim ends of tissue.
3. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.
4. Bend wire into a loop to fit around napkin, and twist end around loop to secure."


The round balloons can be found here: http://www.ttballoons.com/tuftex_balloon_color_chart.htm

No comments: